Alaska Outdoor Adventure Bears and Glacier HOP
July 11, 2025 - July 19, 2025
Big, bold and breathtaking.
No journey stays with you like one to Alaska!
Flying into Anchorage, experience the magic that only Alaska can offer with this spectacular 9-day, 8-night outdoor adventure HOP.
From the coastline to the heart of the frontier, this Alaska HOP delivers all the must-see sights by plane, boats, dog sleds, helicopter, kayaks, vans, and walking with professional local tour guides.
Witness lush rainforests, towering mountains, and salmon making their way upstream in the clear river water, and with bears and moose roaming freely in their natural habitat. Alaska is a part of the world where Mother Nature has been left alone in her natural state, where wildlife remains abundant.
Seeing grizzly bears in Alaska is on most people’s bucket lists, and the best way to see these magnificent animals is in person!
July is the best time to see bears while the rivers are streaming with king and sockeye salmon, which are the bears’ favorite fish to eat.
Everyone wants to go dog sledding in Alaska!
Fly to a glacier, meet a team of mushers and their friendly, hard-working furry athletes, and learn about mushing. Enjoy a sled ride across snow and an ice-covered glacier.
Alaska has some of the world’s most spectacular glaciers in the world.
These glaciers often drop vast chunks of ice into the sea. This process is called calving and can sound like a massive clap of thunder! Catching a glacier while it calves makes for incredible pictures! You will visit a glacier by boat and will have the opportunity to kayak a safe distance to a towering glacier for even more spectacular up-close pictures.
You will have a couple of boat tours to view wildlife such as orcas, puffins, sea otters, sea lions, porpoises and America’s national bird, the bald eagle! You may even catch a glimpse of humpback whales breaching the water!
Your tour guides will give you an inside perspective of every stop and tour of the surrounding scenery, point out the many natural wonders, and explain the area’s history and culture and you’ll soon learn why Alaska is one of the most fascinating places on earth.
We will visit Homer, known as the Halibut fishing capital of the world; and Seward, the fishing village known as the “Gateway to Kenai Fjords National Park” and several other national parks, to name a few things on this HOP agenda.
Escapees will handle all the planning and transportation on the motor coaches, planes, helicopter, lodging, and fully escorted, multi-day tours.
Sign up, sit back and enjoy!
- 9-day/8-night stay in several beautiful country settings
- 8 breakfasts
- 7 lunches
- 8 dinners – 1 private Alaskan seafood boil
- Accommodations to hotel from airport on the first day
- Accommodations from hotel to the airport
- Sightseeing/transportation to the tours with professional drivers and expert local tour guides
- Admission to all the tours
- Souvenir HOP name badge
- And much more……
- 1 lunch
- Travel Insurance
This HOP will sell out fast, as only 16 people can attend.
Keeping this HOP small and intimate will allow us to get to know one another and our local guides and have a personalized Alaskan adventure HOP.
Due at registration – Deposit non-refundable:
To register for this HOP
Registering online is highly recommended.
Note: This HOP may sell out online before you can register via phone.
- We highly suggest purchasing travel insurance to protect your investment in this HOP. See the insurance link below.
Note:Prices do not include your flight to/from Anchorage, travel insurance, extra pre-or post-night options, one lunch or any additional activity outside the HOP event dates.
*Special dietary requests cannot be accommodated. We suggest bringing your specific dietary food.
*Note: We do our best to secure all activities ahead of time, but when dealing with the weather, traffic, length of tours, and our local vendors’ changes are sometimes necessary. This itinerary may still be amended without notice.
What is required of me on this HOP:
- requires a moderate level of mobility and physical fitness
- includes considerable walking, often on uneven ground
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Due to operational restrictions, each individual helicopter passenger cannot weigh more than 290 pounds, counting footwear and clothing.
- Due to the size of the kayaks, paddlers taller than 6’5’’ and/or with waist sizes wider than 44” may not be able to fit comfortably or at all in the kayak.
- Floatplanes, including footwear and clothing, are not certified for passengers weighing more than 280 pounds. They will weigh each passenger, along with personal belongings, before boarding.
- With advance notice though, we can organize a separate experience for those unable to fly.
*Note: This itinerary may still be amended without notice. We do our best to secure all activities ahead of time, but changes are sometimes necessary when dealing with the weather, fog, traffic, length of tours, and local vendors.
After registering – confirmation email
You will receive a confirmation email with all the dates, activities, and essential information about this HOP.
Please make sure Escapees has your current email address on file. If you do not receive the confirmation email, please check your spam files or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Air Flights into/out of Fairbanks, Alaska
- Once registered for the HOP, you will receive all the pertinent information in a confirmation email.
- We highly suggest flying into Anchorage on Thursday, July 10, 2025, and staying in a specific hotel.
- If you arrive on Friday, July 11, 2025, you must arrive no later than 3:00 p.m.(AKDT Alaska daylight time)
- This will help eliminate any delays or cancellations by air travel. You will not want to miss the meet and greet or the dinner if your plane arrives late!
- When you register for this HOP, you will receive a confirmation email with vital information needed before you arrive in Alaska.
- Our tour guides will pick everyone up at a specific hotel on the morning of July 11, 2025.
- Booking your flight independently will save you money.
- Once booked, you must inform Escapees of your flight name, number, time and date of departure, and any other arrival information. Please read your confirmation email thoroughly before booking your flights.
- The importance of this is so we can add you to the tour list for complimentary transfers to/from the airport to your hotel.
- On July 19, 2025, plan to fly back to the U.S. after 5:00 p.m. (AKDT Alaska daylight time) if you will not stay the night.
The HOP Department strives to provide an exceptional and memorable experience; Alaskan wildlife encounters are not 100% guaranteed.
However, we will be traveling at peak times, going out for activities to optimize our chances of success. Not having an encounter is an extremely rare occurrence.
Occasionally, days and times of tour activities can vary depending on circumstances, such as the weather and our vendors.
- Schedule subject to change without notice.
- Rain or shine.
We suggest you purchase trip insurance to protect your investment in this HOP.
If you or a family member has a pre-existing medical condition, consider purchasing trip cancellation or interruption insurance.
Insurance can also help cover unexpected illnesses or emergencies while on the trip.
To learn more about or purchase Travel insurance, click here
*All land tour cancellations must be advised in writing by July 11, 2024.
*Deposits are nonrefundable.
go to: Escapees.com/benefits/
By registering for this event, you are agreeing to the following:
- As an attendee, you assume all risk and danger relating to your personal property, RV, and attendance at the event, whether before, during, or after. No claim will be made upon Escapees, its volunteers, employees, or agents in the event of loss or theft.
- Volunteers may be directing and assisting you in your parking areas. However, the vehicle’s driver is ultimately responsible for avoiding obstacles or dangerous situations and is solely responsible for any damage to one’s property or the property of others.
- As an attendee at this event, you are granting your permission to be filmed, videotaped, audiotaped, or photographed, and you are consenting to Escapees RV Club the full use of any such recordings or images without compensation.
- By registering, you will also receive occasional email notifications of future HOPs; however, you can opt out of these notifications at any time.
- In addition to the above, you will be required during registration to agree that you will help provide a safe environment for everyone by complying with our health and safety rules and to release Escapees from liability should you become ill during the event.
- By purchasing a ticket for this event, you agree to all the above.
To view upcoming HOPs
HOP Facebook page:
To join our discussion forum
Escapees Events: Click this link to see the upcoming Escapees events: http://www.rvnetwork.com/forum/35-escapees-rv-club-events/
Escapees Club News: The HOPs or any Escapees RV Club information can be sent to you via Club News.
Stay informed with important club updates, advocacy issues and promotion items. If you would like to stay updated, go to: https://escapees.com/aboutus/club-benefits then click the sign-up button on the right side.
See you at the HOP!
Mon. – Fri. | 8:00 – 4:00 CST
Escapees RV Club
100 Rainbow Drive
Livingston, Texas 77351
For Cruise HOPs, call:
Escapees Travel Agency
Mon. – Fri. | 8:00 – 4:00 CST