The Best of Scotland HOP 2024
May 11, 2024 - May 19, 2024
Scotland is part of the United Kingdom. Covering the northern third of the island of Great Britain, Scotland has a 96-mile border with England.
Join the Escapees RV Club HOP for a fantastic tour during The Best of Scotland. There are many must-see places, and the HOP will take you to them!
Scotland has a rich history and is known for its beautiful historical castles, whisky distilleries, bagpipes and lochs across the country.
Start your tour in Glasgow and see the red sandstone Victorian buildings and Glasgow Cathedral. While visiting the museum, enjoy a welcome drink with the director during your visit to the Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum.
Cruise Loch Lomond and visit the town of Inveraray and take a guided tour of Inveraray Castle, featured in “Downton Abbey.”
Take a beautiful scenic drive on the “Road to the Isles” and board a ferry to the Isle of Skye to visit Armadale Castle.
Back on the mainland, travel along the shores of Loch Ness and see if you can capture a picture of the legendary Nessie!
Visit the Culloden Battleﬁeld; it was the last “pitched battle” fought on British soil, (led by Bonnie Prince Charles no less!) and stop by a farm where you will see the extraordinary skills of the sheepdogs herding their flock.
You will also go to Blair Castle, home of the Dukes and Earls of Atholl, and go behind the scenes at Blair Athol Distillery for a tour and sample of the finished product.
Explore Edinburgh and see elegant Georgian 200-year-old “New Town” mansions with narrow lanes and medieval townhomes along the Royal Mile. Enjoy a tour of Edinburgh Castle. The Castle has a rich history as a royal residence with gorgeous 360° panoramic city views.
Visit Glamis Castle, the legendary setting of “Macbeth” and the childhood home of the late Queen Mother.
You will also stop at St. Andrews, the “Home of Golf,” to see the famous Royal and Ancient Clubhouse and the Old Course.
Top off the day at your hotel near Edinburgh, and enjoy a Scottish evening with traditional food, music, and dancing.
Cruise Loch Lomond
Inveraray Castle – featured in “Downton Abbey.”
Scottish Sheepdog Demonstration
Isle of Skye
Blair Athol Castle and Distillery
Rain or Shine - Package Includes:
- Admissions to all events
- Welcome bags.
- Welcome drink.
- Many daily attractions
- Comprehensive travel itinerary
- Travel backpacks
- Rain ponchos
- Free Wi-Fi on luxury coaches
- Hotel accommodations and transport
- Professional local tour guide
- Sightseeing/transportation by luxury coach to events
- Professional local coach driver
- Souvenir HOP name badge
- HOP Hosts
and much more….
*Special dietary requests cannot be accommodated.
This HOP includes a considerable amount of walking.
*Note: This itinerary may still be amended without notice. We do our best to secure all activities ahead of time, but when dealing with the weather, traffic, length of tours, and local vendors, a few changes are sometimes necessary.
Pricing only for land tour bookings.
Due at registration: $350.00 per person.
Final payment date: March 1, 2024
Registration for this event opens on March 29th, 2023 10:00 a.m.
After registering – confirmation email
You will receive a confirmation/receipt email with the dates, activities, and important information about this HOP.
Please, make sure Escapees has your current email address on file.
If you do not receive it, please check your spam files, or email us at: email@example.com.
Travel information flying into / out of Scotland
We strongly suggest departing on May 10, 2024, which will help alleviate any stress due to air flight cancellations or layovers.
Please fly into/out of Edinburgh Airport.
Address: EH12 9DN, United Kingdom.
You must fly out on May 11, due to time changes, arriving on May 12 from 7:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. for your complimentary transfer to the Glasgow hotel.
Transportation provided on May 12 to hotel/airport from 7:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
If you fly in early, miss the 11:00 a.m. transfer, or stay later than the event dates, you must make your reservations for a hotel and transportation to Edinburgh Airport | Glasgow hotel.
- Leaving from the U.S., you must depart by May 11, 2024, early a.m. due to the time zone changes.
- May 11, fly out of the U.S
- May 12 tours start. – Transportation is provided in intervals from Edinburgh to Glasgow IF you arrive between 7:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Tour starts at 2:00 p.m. in Glasgow.
- Arriving after 11:00 a.m., you are responsible for your transportation to the hotel.
- May 18 last tours and dinner
- May 19, fly out of Scotland. Plan to fly back to the U.S. between 7:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Transfers are provided in intervals during these times. Outside of these times, you will need to make your own arrangements.
- By booking your flight independently, it will save you money.
- Once booked, youmust let Escapees know your flight name, number, time and date of departure, and also your arrival information. This is important so we can add you to the tour list for your complimentary transfers.
- Email your flight information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you arrive earlier than May 11 or stay later than May 19, you must make your own (extra) reservations.
Health and Safety
All Covid rules and restrictions have been lifted in Scotland.
Health rules can change quickly.
You should always check the latest advice for each country you’re planning to travel to before booking your trip and before you go.
- The passenger’s name must match the name on his/her passport
- You will need passports and they must be current.
- It should be valid for at least six months after you return home and needs to have two or more blank pages left inside.
- The travel industry is warning us that it may take up to three months to apply for or to renew your passport.
We highly suggest you protect your investment on this HOP by purchasing trip insurance.
If you or a family member has a pre-existing medical condition, consider purchasing trip cancellation or interruption insurance. Insurance can also help with covering unexpected illnesses or emergencies while on the trip.
To learn more about or purchase Travel insurance, click the banner below.
Land Cancellation Penalties
All land cancellations must be advised in writing/email.
*Penalties are referring to days prior to the departure of May 11, 2024.
Early bird special between time of booking and 99 days prior to departure – $250 per person deposits are non-refundable when booking under the terms of our 5% Early commitment Benefit discount.
Between 99 and 66 days prior to departure – $350 per person
Between 65 and 16 days prior to departure – 30% per person
Between 15 and 8 days prior to departure – 50% per person
Between 7 and 1 day prior to departure – 90% per person
On day of departure – 100% per person
To view upcoming HOPs
The HOP Facebook page:
To join our discussion forum
Escapees Club News: The HOPs or any Escapees RV Club information can be sent to you via Club News.
Stay informed with important club updates, advocacy issues and promotion items. If you want to stay updated, go to the right-hand side of this page and click on, Sign up for Club News
By registering for this event, you are agreeing to the following:
- As an attendee, you assume all risks and danger relating to your personal property, RV and attendance at the event, whether occurring prior to, during or after the event. In the event of loss or theft, no claim will be made upon Escapees, its volunteers, employees or agents.
- Volunteers may be directing and assisting you in your parking areas. However, it is the driver of the vehicle who is ultimately responsible for avoiding obstacles or dangerous situations and is solely responsible for any damage to one’s property or the property of others.
- As an attendee at this event, you are granting your permission to be filmed, videotaped, audiotaped or photographed, and granting Escapees RV Club the full use of any such recordings or images without compensation.
- By registering, you will also receive occasional email notifications of future HOPs; however, you can opt-out of these notifications at any time.
- In addition to the above, during registration, you will be required to agree that you will help provide a safe environment for everyone by complying with our health and safety rules, and will release Escapees from liability should you become ill during the event.
- By purchasing a ticket for this event, you are agreeing to all the above, including the Escapees Covid Policy. For more details on this policy, click Escapees RV Club Covid Policy.