Maine Leaves and Lobster HOP 2024
September 23 - September 28
Location: Bar Harbor, Maine
The best time to visit Maine is September, after the summer crowds have left but before the temperatures drop. Maine landscapes are quaint and beautiful, and its coastal area is stunning!
You can feel the crisp morning air and see Mother Nature’s abundant beauty in the vibrant colors of the fall leaves. The dogwood, red oak and maples turn red and burgundy; hickory, birch and elm change to gold and yellow; witch hazel and mountain maples are reddish-orange, and the white oak and sumac are purple. As autumn leaves grace the hillsides and mountaintops, you have painted scenery that is unmatched anywhere else in the world!
Visit the beautiful Acadia National Park and learn about its history, geology and park wildlife while stopping at Thunder Hole and Cadillac Mountain, the highest point on the East Coast.
Tour a fjord named Somes Sound, which runs deep into Mount Desert Island and is one of the main sites at Acadia National Park. The Sound nearly splits the island in two.
Hop aboard a boat and have a unique, enjoyable tour of Bar Harbor. Watch and learn about the whales, sea lions and lighthouses on a cruise tour, and be ready for possible sightings of puffins, too!
The Escapees RV Club offers many fantastic excursions for your enjoyment!
Don’t forget to bring your camera and binoculars for this wonderful Fall Foliage HOP!
In the evenings, you can sit outside with new and old Escapees friends, watching the vibrant colors of the sunset spread across the horizon.
Bring binoculars to watch native and migratory birds, such as Bald Eagles, Osprey, Peregrine Falcons, Shorebirds, Warblers and Flycatchers, to name a few.
Rain or Shine – HOP Package includes:
- Camping in a beautiful country setting with full hookups.
- Professional guided tour of Acadia National Park
- Boat tour of the lighthouses and the bay
- Professionally guided boat tour and nature cruise, with seal watching, bird watching, and whale watching, too!
- Pavilion for catered meals and socials
- Lobster bake; if you do not care for Lobster, chicken will be available.
- Professional motorcoach transportation
- Professional motorcoach driver
- Professional and entertaining local tour guide
- Three meals provided*
- Souvenir HOP name badge
- Meet and greet socials.
- Your HOP hosts.
- All gratuities
And much more!
When registering for this HOP, you can pay half upon registration.
Final payment date is August 23, 2024
Register for this HOP online
If you want to park near friends, please request this during registration.
- We highly suggest you register online.
- Tickets may sell out before you have time to call into the HOP Department.
For help, you may also call:
The HOP Department
Or email us at email@example.com
Note: the HOP may sell out online before you have a chance to register via phone.
This HOP includes a considerable amount of walking.
Some tours are not wheelchair accessible.
*Special dietary requests cannot be accommodated.
*Note: We do our best to secure all activities ahead of time, but when dealing with the weather, traffic, length of tours, and our local vendors’ changes are sometimes necessary. This itinerary may still be amended without notice.
HOP confirmation email
- Once registered, a receipt notification will be sent via email regarding all the pertinent information, such as RV Park, address, tour dates, times, etc.
- If you do not receive it, please check your SPAM files or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We highly suggest you purchase trip insurance to protect your investment on this HOP.
- If you or a family member has a pre-existing medical condition, consider purchasing trip cancellation or interruption insurance.
- Insurance can also help cover unexpected illnesses or emergencies on the trip.
- To learn more about or purchase travel insurance, click: https://email@example.com
HOP Cancellation Policy
All cancellations must be submitted in writing and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellations 60+ days before the event:
- You may cancel your registration for a full refund minus a 10% fee of the entire cost of the HOP any time before 11:59 pm CDT on Friday, July 26, 2024.
Cancellations 59-30 days before the event:
- You may cancel your registration for a 50% refund of the entire cost of the HOP before 11:59 pm CDT on Thursday, August 22, 2024. Cancellation requests must be submitted in writing to email@example.com
No refunds will be given for cancellations after 11:59 pm CST on Friday, August 23, 2024.
All ticket sales on and after 11:59 pm CST on Friday, August 23, 2024, are final.
View upcoming HOPs: Escapees HOPS
Escapees has an informative discussion forum. To access this forum, go to http://www.rvnetwork.com.
Escapees Club News:
The HOPs or Escapees RV Club information can be sent via Club News.
Stay informed with essential club updates, advocacy issues and promotion items. If you want to stay updated, go to https://www.escapees.com/aboutus/club-benefits and click the sign-up button on the right.
By registering for this event, you are agreeing to the following:
- As an attendee, you assume all risk and danger relating to your personal property, RV and attendance at the event, whether occurring before, during or after the event. In the event of loss or theft, no claim will be made upon Escapees, its volunteers, employees or agents.
- Volunteers may be directing and assisting you in your parking areas. However, it is the vehicle’s driver who is ultimately responsible for avoiding obstacles or dangerous situations and is solely responsible for any damage to one’s property or the property of others.
- As an attendee at this event, you are granting your permission to be filmed, videotaped, audiotaped or photographed, and you are granting to Escapees RV Club the full use of any such recordings or images without compensation.
- By registering, you will also receive occasional email notifications of future HOPs; however, you can opt out of these notifications at any time.
- In addition to the above, you will be required during registration to agree that you will help provide a safe environment for everyone by complying with our health and safety rules, and to release Escapees from liability should you become ill during the event.
- By purchasing a ticket for this event, you are agreeing to all the above.
See you at the HOP!
To view upcoming HOPs
This HOP Facebook page:
To join our discussion forum
Escapees Club News: The HOPs or any Escapees RV Club information can be sent to you via Club News.
Stay informed with important club updates, advocacy issues and promotion items. If you want to stay updated, go to the right-hand side of this page and click on, Sign up for Club News