- This event has passed.
Maine Leaves & Lobsta’ HOP – SOLD OUT – Wait List Only
September 25, 2022 - September 29, 2022
Location: Bar Harbor, Maine
This HOP was so popular in 2021 that Escapees RV Club is offering it again in 2022! The best time to visit Maine is September, after the summer crowds have left, but before the temperatures drop. Maine landscapes are quaint and beautiful, and its coastal vista is stunning!
You can feel the crisp air in the mornings and see Mother Nature’s abundant beauty in the vibrant colors of the fall leaves. The dogwood, red oak and maples turn red and burgundy; hickory, birch and elm change to gold and yellow; witch hazel and mountain maples are reddish-orange, and the white oak and sumac are purple. As autumn leaves grace the hillsides and mountaintops, you have a painted scenery that is unmatched anywhere else in the world!
In the evenings, you can sit outside with new and old Escapees friends and watch the vibrant colors of the sunset spread across the horizon.
Bring binoculars to study native and migratory birds, such as Bald Eagles, Osprey, Peregrine Falcons, Shorebirds, Warblers and Flycatchers, to name a few.
Visit the beautiful Acadia National Park and learn about its history, geology, park wildlife, and make stops at Thunder Hole and also Cadillac Mountain, the highest point on the East coast.
Tour a fjord named Somes Sound, which runs deep into Mount Desert Island and is one of the main sites at Acadia National Park. The Sound nearly splits the island in two.
Hop aboard a boat and have a unique, enjoyable tour of Bar Harbor. Watch and learn about the whales, sea lions and lighthouses on a cruise tour, and be ready for possible sightings of Puffins, too.
The Escapees RV Club is offering a wide arrange of fantastic excursions for your enjoyment!
Don’t forget to bring your camera for this wonderful Fall Foliage HOP!
- • Camping in a beautiful coastal setting
• Guided tour of Acadia National Park
• Boat tour of the lighthouses
• Boat tour and nature cruise: seal watching and, of course, whale watching, too!
• Tour the bay
• Fully narrated tour of Bar Harbor
• Pavilion for catered meals and entertainment
• Lobster bake
(If you do not care for Lobster, there will be alternate food available for you.)
• Professional motorcoach transportation
• Professional motorcoach driver
• Professional entertaining local tour guide
• RV Park with full hookups.
• Welcome and Farewell dinner*
• Souvenir HOP name badge
• Meet and greet socials
• Your HOP hosts
• All gratuities
And much more!
Rain or shine. Itinerary is subject to change without notice. This HOP includes considerable walking; please wear comfortable walking shoes. Some tours are not wheelchair accessible. *Special dietary requests cannot be accommodated.
Payment options: Pay half of the fee upon registration and the balance is due 60 days before the event. Ask the HOP department about this payment option.
Final payment is due on July 25, 2022.
There are two ways to register and pay: online or by phone.
• To register online (recommended), click the button below and follow the instructions on your screen.
• To register by phone, call Escapees HOP Registration at (936) 755-1060.
Or you may email us, at: email@example.com
Note: the HOP may sell out online before you have a chance to register via phone.
You will be staying in a beautiful coastal setting with full hookups.
If you would like to be near specific Escapees friends, please let us know when you register for this HOP. Once registered, you will receive pertinent information about this HOP via email.
HOP confirmation email
- Once registered, a confirmation email will be sent to you regarding all the pertinent information, i.e., RV Park, schedule, etc.
- If you do not see it in your inbox, please, check your spam file.
- If you do not see it in the spam file, please log into your Escapees dashboard and see if we have your correct email address on file.
- To change or correct any personal data on your dashboard, click on escapees.com and sign into your account.
We highly suggest you protect your financial investment on this HOP by purchasing trip insurance.
If you or a family member has a pre-existing medical condition, consider purchasing trip cancellation or interruption insurance. Insurance can also help with covering unexpected illnesses or emergencies while on the trip. To learn more about or purchase Travel insurance, click on the Travel Guard/AIG image.
If an attendee must cancel a HOP,
1 Business Day from Booking: Full Refund
More Than 90 Days to the event: 75 % Refund – from the full cost of the HOP
30 – 90 Days to the event: 25% Refund – from the full cost of the HOP
30 Days or Less to the event: No Refunds
By registering for this event, you are agreeing to the following:
- As an attendee, you assume all risk and danger relating to your personal property, RV, and attendance at the event, whether occurring prior to, during, or after the event. In the event of loss or theft, no claim will be made upon Escapees, its volunteers, employees or agents.
- Volunteers may be directing and assisting you in your parking areas. However, it is the driver of the vehicle who is ultimately responsible for avoiding obstacles or dangerous situations and is solely responsible for any damage to one’s property or the property of others.
- As an attendee at this event, you are granting your permission to be filmed, videotaped, audiotaped or photographed, and granting to Escapees RV Club the full use of any such recordings or images without compensation.
- By registering, you will also receive occasional email notifications of future HOPs; however, you can opt-out of these notifications at any time.
- In addition to the above, you will be required during registration to agree that you will help provide a safe environment for everyone by complying with our health and safety rules, and to release Escapees from liability should you become ill during the event.
- By purchasing a ticket for this event, you are agreeing to all of the above including the Escapees Covid Policy
NOTE: The below are for U.S. Land HOPs only
If you travel with Escapees HOPs on cruises or special adventure HOPs, we will supply the covid tour guidelines. If the covid policy changes, you will be notified.
The updated COVID Policy is as follows:
Attendees who have had COVID-19 within 5 days before attending the event are unfortunately not eligible to attend.
Registered attendees may receive a full refund of their registration fee by emailing a dated copy of a positive test result to the appropriate event host or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All attendees will be required to sign an Escapees Events Liability Waiver at the time of check-in.
For more information you can go to https://escapees.com/coronavirus
Recommended but Not Required
- We highly recommend all attendees be fully vaccinated and up to date with boosters.
- We highly recommend that attendees test for COVID-19 prior and during the event to reduce the unintentional spread of COVID-19.
- We highly recommend attendees wear masks any time they are indoors or are in close proximity to others.
- We highly recommend that attendees sanitize or wash their hands on a regular basis
- We highly recommend that attendees resist hugging (even though we terribly miss those hugs!) and bump elbows or fists versus shaking hands.
To view upcoming HOPs
Visit the HOP Facebook page:
To join our discussion forum
Escapees Club News: The HOPs or any Escapees RV Club information can be sent to you via Club News.
Stay informed with important club updates, advocacy issues and promotion items. If you want to stay updated, go to the right-hand side of this page and click on, Sign up for Club News