- This event has passed.
Experience the Big Bend HOP – SOLD OUT. WAIT LIST ONLY
September 18, 2022 - September 25, 2022
Location: Big Bend Area, Texas
Escapees have a relaxed and fun-filled time lined up for you!
The area you will visit is like no other; there are radiant night skies, cowboy hospitality, friendly folks, where the stars at night are big and bright, and the skies are not cloudy all day!
Several activities and tours are arranged on this HOP, and there is a wide array of places to see, things to do, and activities to choose from while in the Big Bend area.
Are you an avid golfer? Don’t forget your golf clubs!
The Big Bend is the most diverse dry region in the world. The Chisos Mountains and the Chihuahuan Desert cover more than half of the Big Bend, and various animal species take refuge in them. Desert cacti bloom in a beautiful bouquet of colors, and the animal life is bustling in the mornings. During this 7-day HOP, we’ll explore the region and its wildlife with professionally guided Jeep tours and Master Naturalist sessions. Come and learn about the climate, plants and animals that call this area home.
The mountains, deserts and the river make this area a fantastic outdoor playground for hiking, biking, birding, canoeing, rafting, kayaking and beautiful scenic drives.
The adventure doesn’t stop when the sun goes down. Possibilities are incredibly high that you can listen to great music after a fabulous dinner or just relax at the campfire, meet new Escapees friends, sip on your favorite beverage and share your adventures of the day.
Expect to have a fun-filled week on this HOP! Meet amazing friends and take away new lifetime memories of your time in the Big Bend! The Big Bend is a unique experience and sharing it with fellow Escapees makes it even more special.
- 7 nights; a beautiful country setting with full hookups
- Fully narrated professional guided Jeep tours
- Professional tour guide, driver and jeep included
- Master Naturalist sessions
- *Welcome dinner
- *Farewell dinner
- A Spud Fest
- Eggs in a bag – breakfast
- Meet and greet socials
- Souvenir HOP name badge
- Your HOP Hosts
- All gratuities
And much more!
Itinerary is subject to change without notice. This HOP includes considerable walking; please wear comfortable walking shoes. *Special dietary requests cannot be accommodated.
Payment options: Pay half of the fee upon registration and the balance is due 60 days before the event. Ask the HOP department about this payment option.
Final payment is due on July 16, 2022.
Registration for this event opens 11/19/2021 at 8:00am
Note: the HOP may sell out online before you have a chance to register via phone.
HOP confirmation email
- Once registered, a confirmation email will be sent to you regarding all the pertinent information.
- If you do not see it in your inbox, please, check your spam file.
- If you do not see it in the spam file, please log into your Escapees dashboard and see if we have your correct email address on file.
- To change or correct any personal data on your dashboard, click on escapees.com and sign into your account.
We highly suggest you protect your investment on this HOP by purchasing trip insurance.
If you or a family member has a pre-existing medical condition, consider purchasing trip cancellation or interruption insurance. Insurance can also help with covering unexpected illnesses or emergencies while on the trip.
To learn more about or purchase Travel insurance, click the banner below.
1 Business Day from Booking: Full Refund
More Than 90 Days to the event: 75 % Refund – from the full cost of the HOP
30 – 90 Days to the event: 25% Refund – from the full cost of the HOP
30 Days or Less to the event: No Refunds
By registering for this event, you are agreeing to the following:
- As an attendee, you assume all risk and danger relating to your personal property, RV, and attendance at the event, whether occurring prior to, during, or after the event. In the event of loss or theft, no claim will be made upon Escapees, its volunteers, employees or agents.
- Volunteers may be directing and assisting you in your parking areas. However, it is the driver of the vehicle who is ultimately responsible for avoiding obstacles or dangerous situations and is solely responsible for any damage to one’s property or the property of others.
- As an attendee at this event, you are granting your permission to be filmed, videotaped, audiotaped or photographed, and granting to Escapees RV Club the full use of any such recordings or images without compensation.
- By registering, you will also receive occasional email notifications of future HOPs; however, you can opt-out of these notifications at any time.
- In addition to the above, you will be required during registration to agree that you will help provide a safe environment for everyone by complying with our health and safety rules, and to release Escapees from liability should you become ill during the event.
- By purchasing a ticket for this event, you are agreeing to all of the above including the Escapees Covid Policy
NOTE: The below are for U.S. Land HOPs only
If you travel with Escapees HOPs on cruises or special adventure HOPs, we will supply the covid tour guidelines. If the covid policy changes, you will be notified.
The updated COVID Policy is as follows:
Attendees who have had COVID-19 within 5 days before attending the event are unfortunately not eligible to attend.
Registered attendees may receive a full refund of their registration fee by emailing a dated copy of a positive test result to the appropriate event host or email@example.com.
All attendees will be required to sign an Escapees Events Liability Waiver at the time of check-in.
For more information you can go to https://escapees.com/coronavirus
Recommended but Not Required
- We highly recommend all attendees be fully vaccinated and up to date with boosters.
- We highly recommend that attendees test for COVID-19 prior and during the event to reduce the unintentional spread of COVID-19.
- We highly recommend attendees wear masks any time they are indoors or are in close proximity to others.
- We highly recommend that attendees sanitize or wash their hands on a regular basis
- We highly recommend that attendees resist hugging (even though we terribly miss those hugs!) and bump elbows or fists versus shaking hands.
To view upcoming HOPs
To visit the Facebook page:
To join our discussion forum
Escapees Club News: The HOPs or any Escapees RV Club information can be sent to you via Club News.
Stay informed with important club updates, advocacy issues and promotion items. If you want to stay updated, go to the right-hand side of this page and click on, Sign up for Club News
Please join the waitlist if this HOP sells out by completing the form below.
There are usually cancellations before the event date, so we will email you if a spot becomes available. At that time, you will have 48 hours to respond.
Note: please do not join the waitlist until the HOP is sold out. We will not receive entries before the HOP sells out.